Hilton House – Senior HR Advisor
To provide first level advice and support on the operational aspects of HR to all team members and managers in the Group, currently scoping 8 Care Homes in England and Wales. This will include recruitment and selection, discipline and grievance, absence and performance management, interpretation of HR policies and procedures. To ensure all administration involved in the management of people is completed as required. Responsibility for maintaining CareSys. Salary £35,000 p.a.
- To support the Group Head of HR in employee relations issues – absence, performance, disciplinary, grievance – administration of, and attendance to provide support and advice to managers.
- Support the Management teams across all homes as appropriate with agreed methods of communication.
- Monitor completion of Performance Reviews.
- Secondary contact on all recruitment – placing advertisement, organising and supporting with interviews if required.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation provided and employment checks completed on all new employees.
- Assisting with the compilation of HR stats for Board reports.
- Responsible for all administration processes within the HR function – PI forms, contracts, sickness, maternity, starters, benefits, leavers, CareSys.
- HR administration e.g. producing offer letters, Contracts of Employment, recording training, filing and keeping employee personal files up to date
- Payroll is outsourced but you will be supporting and facilitating this process.
- Monitoring and tracking of all HR processes – appraisals, exit interviews, ER Tracker, Recruitment Tracker etc.
- HR Audits of Personal Files at our homes
- Delivery of HR Inductions
- Carrying out Exit Interviews where applicable and monitoring reasons for leaving
- An understanding of statutory payments including redundancy, SSP, maternity and paternity
- Assist management with the development and maintenance of departmental inductions.
- Assisting in the organisation of recruitment campaigns, through Open Days and social media forums.
- Assist with the management of projects including benchmarking, restructures etc.
- Support HR Administrator in day-to-day activities
- Requirement to visit homes within the group offering HR support.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good Communicator – Builds relationships at all levels, whether face to face, over the phone or via electronic communication. Team player.
- Planning & Organisation – Adapts to changes and uses resources effectively. Ability to perform to tight deadlines. Arranges work schedules and prioritises work to meet deadlines. Seeks clarification and approval where appropriate.
- Contributing to Team Success – Energetic team player but also works well on own initiative. Contributes effectively to team performance to meet objectives.
- Initiating Action – Monitors and manages own time to ensure daily objectives are met. Accepts additional challenges and responsibilities willingly and assists others. Possesses a positive, can-do attitude always
- Flexibility – Use of initiative to ensure tasks are completed. Undertakes ad hoc tasks/projects as and when required.
- Accuracy – Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail. Logical and methodical approach.
- Passionate and driven to succeed
- Committed to making a difference and adding value
- IT Literate and numerically astute
- Completion of mandatory e-Learning programmes
- Treat people fairly and courteously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in the Care Sector an advantage although not essential.
- Driving Licence & Car required as occasional travel to our homes will be required.
Education and Training:
- CIPD Level 5 or working towards the qualification
- Working knowledge of recruitment, learning and development, handling ER issues, and employment law
- 25 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Discretionary Bonus
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Referral Bonus Scheme