Regency – Head Chef
To plan and deliver the full dining experience with high-quality catering, contributing to the overall well-being of the residents within the budgets agreed.
Food Preparation and Handling
- Plan and prepare suitable menus for approval by the General Manager, which provide varied,
nutritious, and appetising options for all service users, taking account of any special dietary needs
and retaining records for inspection purposes.
- Prepare and cook all daily meals for residents and team members, and provide catering for special
occasions and events, such as birthday cakes.
Management and Leadership
- Liaise with approved suppliers to ensure efficient delivery of orders, in line with the company policy
and procedures to maintain appropriate stock levels and control. Ensuring excellent quality
provisions are purchased within agreed budget limits.
- Overall responsibility and supervision of other kitchen staff, providing instruction and demonstration
to unqualified staff on simple food preparation activity.
- Liaise and advise on the supply and quality of items purchased by the home in line with specific tasks,
ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods.
- Attend and encourage staff to attend all relevant staff meetings.
Health and Safety
- Understand and encourage the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation
undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene.
- Track and Monitor temperature checks of refrigerators and freezers to ensure food is stored safely as
per the company policy and procedures.
- Prepare and oversee the cleaning rota, to ensure the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas, equipment,
and appliances to meet the high standards of cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation, and
- Understand your personal responsibilities and practice safe systems of work in relation to the Health
and Safety at Work Act including a working knowledge of COSHH assessments.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and moving and handling of loads, by
assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety of residents, visitors, and staff.
- Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and
advising on any faults and the need for maintenance or replacement
- Use and clean kitchen equipment and have the knowledge to observe the Food Safety (General Food
Hygiene) Regulations 1995.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times towards residents and their visitors,
respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident and ensure effective communication is
- Develop a welcoming culture within the home to encourage an engaged team working ethos,
responding positively to colleagues, and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Completion of mandatory E-Learnings.
- To embed and demonstrate our company values throughout your working day.
Skills and Requirements
- Experience in the role applied for
- Satisfactory DBS
- Passionate about offering superior services
- Previous experience in a care environment
- 28 Days Holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Employee Referral Bonus Scheme
- Apprenticeships available