Meet Dawn Jones, Finalist for ‘The Care Home Activity Organiser Award’
Lovett Care are delighted to announce Dawn Jones, Front of House and Activities Lead at Twyford House, has been recognised as a finalist for “The Care Home Activity Organiser Award” in the Great British Care Awards 2022. This award will be given to the individual who has shown they can provide a ‘needs-led’, variety of suitable programmes for care home residents. Organisers who show outstanding skills, creativity and responsibilities in organising activities independently, or together with a senior.
Criteria For The Award
To meet the criteria for the award, organisers must:
- Understand individual requirements for different activities and explain the reasons for it.
- Describe where and why they sourced their knowledge and learning from.
- Demonstrate the roles of clients, relatives and carers play when developing new activities.
- Know how to motivate people.
- Engage people using mental and physical activities.
- Provide examples of how they have been successful when others haven’t.
- Show innovation and be passionate about their role and improvements.
- Demonstrate how residents have benefited in their care.
Huge congratulations and best luck to Dawn, who will be attending the Great British Care Awards night, along with the other Lovett Care finalists at the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham on Thursday, 3rd November.
About The Great British Care Awards
The Great British Care Awards are a chain of regional events throughout the UK to celebrate excellence across the care sector. The intention of the awards are to celebrate and honour those individuals who have demonstrated outstanding excellence within their area of work.
For more information, visit their website.
About Lovett Care Group
Dawn is a fundamental part of the Twyford House care team who continues to go above and beyond for our residents and her colleagues. The Lovett Care Group are proud owners of Twyford House and Hilton House Care Homes in Staffordshire. Founded in 2009, we offer high-quality services including residential, dementia, nursing and respite care.